Ten Reasons to be Thankful for Our Pets
Each Thanksgiving, we take time to reflect on the people and the good things in our lives. This Thanksgiving, we share a few reminders of the many reasons we are thankful for our wonderful pets.
- Pets love us unconditionally. Whether we have had a long day or are feeling down, our pets are there to welcome us at the door, show us love, and help us feel better.
- Pets are good for our hearts. In addition to the love we feel for our pets, they are good for the physical condition of our hearts as well. Having a pet is good for your heart and helps lower stress and blood pressure.
- Pets help us exercise. Walking or running with the family dog is a great way to bond and also a terrific way to stay in shape. The fact that dogs need the exercise helps get us out and on the move as too.
- Pets are good for our mental health, too. Pet ownership helps with depression as well as stress. Taking care of a pet also helps keep our minds sharp as we age.
- Pets are funny. Pets make us laugh. Whether it’s the cat playing with a toy, a new puppy running wild, or a bird singing to the stereo, pets can lighten the mood and make us smile.
- Pets keep us warm. As the weather gets colder, we can sit in a cozy chair or couch and snuggle up with our pets to chase the cold away.
- Pets trust us. The pure trust of a loving pet and the reliance they have on us helps deepen our bond and make us feel needed and appreciated.
- Pets make us responsible. Along with that trust comes responsibility. Your pet needs you. Taking care of a family pet is a great way for kids and young adults to learn how to be dependable.
- Pets sooth us. Pets have strong therapeutic benefits, helping people recover from illness and providing comfort for the aging.
- Pets are always there for us. The loyalty our pets show us is one of the pure joys in life. They will always be there and provide a wonderful warmth in our lives.
Make an appointment online today or contact us at (775) 267-4888!