7 Ways to Show Kindness to Animals
It is always a good time to show kindness to animals, and the month of May is a good reminder to find ways to offer a little extra love to the furry (and feathery and scaly) ones around us. It is easy to give an extra snuggle to our own pets, which always makes the list, but here are some more ideas that you can put into practice and pass along.
- Take some time with your special pet. A little extra attention when you get home or one more time around the block on your evening walk help show that extra love your pet deserves.
- Help a stranger find the way. If you come across a lost or unaccompanied pet, you can try to help her find her owner. Just be careful if an animal shows signs of stress or aggression.
- Volunteer at a shelter. You can take time to help animals in need. Bringing children along is a great way to teach them about kindness and volunteerism.
- Adopt a pet. If you feel ready to take the plunge and get a new pet, adopting is a great way to add to your family while helping an animal in need.
- Foster a pet. Not ready for something long term? No worries, you can provide foster care to pets in need and provide some much-needed loving care.
- Make your space more hospitable. By adding bird feeders and bird baths to your yard, you can offer food and drink to those flying around.
- Spread the word. Let others know how important it is to be kind to animals, and lead by example.
Check out available programs at the Northern Nevada SPCA https://spcanevada.org/programs/
Make an appointment online today or contact us at (775) 267-4888!