Make Picnicking with Your Dog a Walk in the Park
A picnic is a great way to enjoy some time outdoors with the ones we love. That can, of course, include your dog. And just like your picnic shopping list, here is a checklist of things to remember that will help make it a great experience.
- Before you start your relaxing afternoon on the picnic blanket, help your furry friend work out some wiggles with a nice walk.
- When you get to your destination, check the ground for any food or debris left by previous occupants. This will keep your dog from getting into anything unexpected.
- Speaking of chewing on things, bring your dog’s usual food to keep things on the healthy side.
- And on the topic of chewing, make sure your food stays out of your dog’s reach. Some of our favorite treats are toxic to our pets.
- So bring his treats, too. After all, this is a special outing.
- Remember plenty of water for everyone, especially your panting companion.
- If you use a picnic table, your dog can use it as shelter from the sun. If you are out in the open sitting on a favorite blanket, though, make sure your little guy has some shade to enjoy.
- To keep her from darting off, keep her tethered close by. This is together time, anyway.
- While you enjoy lounging, bring some dog toys to keep your little guy entertained.
- You spent all winter dreaming of the summer sun. Take some pictures of your sunny picnic that you can drool over next winter.
- Always on our lists for doggy outings, remember baggies—for your garbage, and for your dog's picnic souvenirs.
- Make it special. Have a great time, and send some pictures to inspire the rest of us to get out there!
Make an appointment online today or contact us at (775) 267-4888!